Grilled Beef with Rice Noodles, Fresh Herbs and Ponzu
On a rainy Saturday in October we hosted a 'Spring Snow Peak Festival' to celebrate the season with one of our favourite brands. A good friend of ours, Luke, who is also a chef kindly joined us on the day to cook canapés using the Snow Peak BBQ Box fitted into the Iron Grill Table. Luke has shared with us the recipe below so you too can cook this meal for your loved ones, at home or around the camp fire. This recipe can be served as a meal (serves 4) or split into smaller portions to be served as canapés.
- 4x scotch fillet (250-300g per person)
- 250 gram Rice noodle vermicelli
- 1 cup of picked Coriander leaves
- 1 cup of picked Mint leaves
- Fried onion/garlic (available from most Asian grocery stores)
- 200ml soy sauce
- Juice of 1 Orange
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 50ml Rice vinegar
- 100ml sesame oil
Mix all the ingredients listed above and taste to check seasoning, you can add more citrus to suite your taste.
Cook the noodles per instructions on the packet and refresh in cold water, drain and set aside.
- Season your beef with salt, pepper and olive oil and let stand for 15 minutes to bring to room temperature.
- Sear the steaks over medium to high heat a couple of minutes on each side. Once the steak has cooked to medium set aside and rest for 5 minutes.
- Place a lettuce leaf in the bowls, dress your noodles with ponzu sauce and add torn mint and coriander leaves.
- Place a serve of noodles on top of the lettuce, reheat steaks a minute each side, carve and place on the noodles, add more fresh herbs and dress with more ponzu.
- Garnish with the fried onion and garlic!