We understand that when purchasing some items online it’s hard to get it right without trying the item on for fit and feel. So, we offer free return shipping on the items below (excluding any items on clearance/sale and any orders placed outside of Australia) within 60 days of purchase:
- Items of clothing
- Shoes including wading boots, sandals etc.
Other gear, including clearance/sale items and orders placed outside of Australia can be returned for a refund however, return postage must be paid for by the customer.
Any item you wish to return/exchange must be in new, unused, unworn condition (including tags and original packaging) and it must be within 60 days of your purchase date.
We can only refund returned items that are in new condition, this means:
- In original packaging: tags and labels must still be attached and packaging not ripped, torn or damaged in any other way.
- Unused: the product must be in as good of a condition as if it was just picked up off the shelf (not dirty, scuffed or scratched etc.).
- When returning boxed items such as shoes or waders, ensure the box is packaged so it stays in good condition.
How to return for a refund or exchange:
- Contact us with your order ID and whether you are wanting to return for refund or exchange for another item.
- After contacting us with your order ID, we will send you an email with instructions on how to return.
- Package your unused/unworn condition item including tags and original packaging. Please ensure your return is packaged to the same standard as when delivered.
- Please include a note in the returns package with your details (name and order number).
- When sealing a return satchel, avoid stapling the ends to prevent puncturing the item. Please note that it is the responsibility of the sender to package the item sufficiently.
- If you are re-using the original shipping packaging make sure the original shipping label is covered to avoid confusion.
- Drop off your return to your nearest post office.
- And that’s it! We'll be in contact when we have received your return and arrange a refund or exchange item.
We reserve the right to refuse any returns that abuse our unused/unworn policy.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment within a certain amount of days. If you paid shipping in your original order your refund will exclude these shipping charges.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- Any item that is returned more than 60 days after delivery.
- If you paid shipping in your original order your refund will exclude these shipping charges.
If you haven’t received a refund yet, double check your bank account. Then contact your credit card company or bank. It may take some time before your refund is officially posted, it can take up to 5 business days.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund, please contact us.
Please note that any Tom's Points earned from an order will be deducted once the order is refunded.
Items that are returned to sender:
If your item has been returned to sender for any reason a fee will be deducted from the refund for the goods to cover the return shipping charged by Australia Post. This fee is also charged on parcels that have been refused delivery.
If you wish to exchange a product, when you FIRST contact us let us know what you wish to replace your item with (including size/colour) so we can reserve that product for you. Then as soon as your returned product has arrived in store we will ship out the replacement product.
Returning an item sent as a gift:
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return.
Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be sent to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and they will be notified of your return.
D'oh! Did we screw up and send you the wrong size/colour/style/anything? We'll make sure you don't pay for it, in any way.
Contact us and we will send you an email to follow so you don’t have to worry about any costs on your end.
If your product has arrived damaged:
We take great care when we pack your gear and each item is handpicked and packed by a real person who loves what they do. If something arrives to you damaged, please contact us as soon as possible and we’ll sort it out for you.