The Overland Track - A Complete Guide by Warwick Sprawson
A Complete Guide to Walking, Flora, Fauna and History of The Overland Track, Cradle Mountain to Lake St Clair.
Tasmania’s Overland Track is Australia’s most famous multi-day hike. Over 8000 hikers complete the 5-9 day hike each year as they follow the 79km track from Cradle Mountain to Lake St Clair. The track encompasses some of Australia’s most spectacular scenery including glacier-carved valleys, buttongrass moorlands, ancient rainforests, peaceful lakes and thundering waterfalls – all teeming with plants and animals found nowhere else on earth.
To plan and enjoy this great walk, there is finally a guidebook that provides all the information you need for your trip – getting set, heading off, detailed track notes, a guide to flora and fauna, information on the history and geology, and a tough, waterproof map.
Warwick Sprawson’s The Overland Track is the most comprehensive guidebook available to Tasmania’s iconic hike, providing information to plan and enjoy your walk, including:
- when to go
- what to bring
- detailed transport information on getting to and from the track
- facilities and accommodation options on and near the track (including Cradle Valley and Cynthia Bay)
- the region’s history and geology
- detailed, easy-to-use track notes with accurate distances
- photos and descriptions of 63 common plants
- photos and descriptions of the track’s animals, including 23 birds, 3 snakes and 12 mammals
- great maps, including a tear-out, waterproof 368mm x 512mm overview map.
The Overland Track is 188 pages, full colour and only weights 280 grams, making it the perfect guidebook to pack with you when you go.