Orvis Hydros Fly Reel
New and improved Orvis Hydros Reel.
Orvis has taken their best selling reel and made it much better, by removing unnecessary material to reduce to weight while stiffening the narrow spool to minimise line stacking. Orvis has even changed the drag knob to be more ergonomically accessible and comfortable to use.
The fully sealed drag is still one of the strongest in the industry and has been further refined to protect the clutch bearing in the mechanism. Orvis has also radiused the reel foot like on the Mirage for kink-free leader protection. Featuring a Matte type II anodised finish, standard large arbor size which balances better with a lighter-weight fly rod but still offers excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling than standard arbor reels.
|Line Weight||Reel Weight||Reel Diameter|
- Refined. lighter weight large arbor fly reel.
- Improved fully-sealed drag clutch bearing.
- Radiused reel foot for kink-free leader protection.
- Ergonomically improved, easy to use drag knob.
- Zero start-up inertia.
- Excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling.