Hyperlite Mountain Gear 4400 Southwest (70L)
When the trails are rugged and remote, and you need 7+ days of supplies, the 4400 Southwest is the go-to pack for self-supported thru-hikers in Australia and around the world
The 4400 Southwest Pack (70L) from Hyperlite Mountain Gear is the preferred pack for backpacking in dense, heavily wooded trails in the roughest, toughest climates. Featuring three external, solid Hardline with Dyneema pockets, the Southwest series has been carefully designed and thoroughly tested to outlast any ultralight pack on the market.
The wide top opening offers quick, uninterrupted entry to the internal compartment so you can say goodbye to fiddly zippers and pockets and get what you need hassle-free.
Generous, external pockets offer easy access to your gear whether it be an outer layer, food or water filter. This rugged compartment adds an extra 9.8L of external volume which comes in handy on long, self-supported hikes. Personalise your pack system with Hyperlite's range of accessories.
Whether you're hiking the Australian Alps Walking Track, Larapinta Trail or Heysen Trail, or just escaping to the mountains for a week in the wilderness, the Hyperlite 4400 Southwest is a rugged, long-haul pack for any thru-hiking enthusiast.
- Incredibly lightweight and durable design
- A comfortable hip belt and shoulder strap carrying system which can be easily adjusted on the go
- Generous, water-resistant hip belt pockets for your phone, snacks and more.
- Large water-bottle pockets on either side of the pack easily fit 1.5L bottles
- Convenient, easy access external pocket
- Internal mesh sleeve for hydration reservoir compatibility 20cm x 35cm
- Multiple carabiner clip points for excess gear
- Available in various back length sizes ensuring a perfectly snug fit
- Ice axe loop
- Top Y-Strap compression - designed to secure gear
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Stays - 2 removable, contoured aluminium stays
- Pack accessory options - Shoulder Pocket, Versa, REpack, Stuff Sacks & Pods
- Water-resistant - Yes
- Hardline with Dyneema zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Top Closure: Roll-Top closure system
- Back: integrated 1/4" foam back panel pad
- Side straps for horizontal compression
- Seam sealing - Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Daisy chains on shoulder straps
- Compatible with Pods, Drawstring or Roll-Top Stuff Sacks, Stuff Sack Pillow
- Materials - DCH150 (Main Body & Bottom)
- Internal volume - 70L
- External volume - 9.8L
- Claimed weight (white pack) - 1.11kg
- Claimed weight (black pack) - 1.11kg
- Load capacity - 27.22kg
- Back width - 26.7cm
- Height (fully unrolled) - 97.8cm
- Top circumference - 114.3cm
- Bottom circumference - 95.3cm