Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Southwest Pack (55L)
Are you an off-the-beaten-track type hiker, often finding yourself in 'the thick of it' and looking for a durable pack you can rely on? The Southwest series takes it to the next level with rugged Dyneema pockets.
The 3400 Southwest Pack (55L) from Hyperlite Mountain Gear is their most durable pack. Featuring three external, solid Hardline with Dyneema pockets, the Southwest series has been carefully designed and thoroughly tested to outlast any ultralight pack on the market.
The 3400 is a flexible option for those seeking a single pack for all their hiking needs. When extra volume is not required, the 3400 Southwest rolls down to roughly 40L making it a great option for shorter, in and out trips. The wide top opening offers quick, uninterrupted entry to the internal compartment so you can say goodbye to fiddly zippers and pockets and get what you need hassle-free.
The generous, external pockets offer easy access to your gear whether it be an outer layer, food or water filter. This rugged compartment adds an extra 9.8L of external volume which comes in handy on long, self-supported hikes. Personalise your pack system with Hyperlite's range of accessories.
Whether you're hiking the Australian Alps Walking Track, Larapinta Trail or Great North Walk, or just escaping to the mountains for a quick overnighter, the Hyperlite 3400 Southwest is a rugged pack for any outdoor adventurer.
- Three external pockets, solid Hardline-with-Dyneema Pockets.
- Hardline-with-Dyneema zippered pockets on the hip belt with #5 YKK zipper.
- Internal 8" x 14" mesh sleeve for a hydration bladder.
- Roll-top closure.
- Hardline with Dyneema dual-density hip belt with 1/8" closed cell rigid foam, 1/4" closed cell foam and spacer mesh.
- Integrated 1/4" foam back panel pad.
- Ice axe loop side compression straps for horizontal compression.
- Top Y-strap compression - designed to secure gear.
- Hardline with Dyneema shoulder straps with 3/8" closed cell foam and spacer mesh.
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic.
- Four exterior tri-glide buckles for optional pack accessories.
- Two removable, contoured aluminium stays.
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features.
- Daisy chains on shoulder straps.
- Compatible with pods, drawstring or roll-top stuff sacks and stuff sack pillow.
- Materials: DCH50 & DCH150
- Internal Volume: 55L
- External Volume: 9.8L
- White Pack: 898g (1.98lbs)
- Black Pack: 988.8g (2.18lbs)
- Load Capacity: Up to 18kg (40lbs)
- Back Width: 26.7cm
- Height (fully unrolled): 86.4cm
- Top Circumference: 101.6cm
- Bottom Circumference: 85.1cm