A lightweight, compact and useful bivy bag that protects you against rain, wind and dust. Its unmatched breathability virtually eliminates condensation.
The entire topside of the bivy is made of VentAir fabric, which is an extremely breathable, fully waterproof 3-layer laminate and the floor is a durable PU coated nylon.
The vapor permeability even allows you to dry wet clothes from within as your body heat forces vapor though the fabric. The perfect bivy bag for those who like to place the sleeping mat within the bivy bag.
The Exped Bivybag also incorporates a large 3D foot box which will accommodate even thick sleeping bags. A weather tight entry with zippers and velcro. The 3D hood is spacious with room for a backpack inside and a flexible, detachable wire creates space between the hood and face.
The VentAir replaces the still currently used eVent, which has an environmentally problematic ePTFE membrane that requires disposal in state of the art incinerators with gas removal filters. The new VentAir membrane is an environmentally harmless and functionally equivalent alternative. VentAir comes as a 3 layer laminate in which the membrane is made of a web of nano sized fibres that prevent water drops from penetrating the fabric while allowing water vapor and air to escape.
- Flexible stiffener holds hood away from sleeper's face.
- Entry with dual closure (Velcro and zipper) and rain drain.
- Roomy 3-D hood holds gear like a small pack or shoes. Mosquito mesh keeps bugs out and can be rolled up when not in use. The mesh also retains heat during winter use.
- Generous 3-D foot box allows a mat to be placed within the bivy bag without compressing the sleeping bag.
- Glow in the dark and reflective zipper pullers.
- 3 loops on hood and foot box can be used to secure bivy during use or hang for drying.
- Fully taped seams.