We are growing our team! Tom’s Outdoors is looking for a full-time retail supervisor. This position is based in Tumut, nestled in the Snowy Valleys and just down the road from Kosciuszko National Park.
Who are we?
We specialise in premium, built-to-last outdoor clothing and equipment for fly fishing, hiking, camping, paddling, trail running, bike packing, climbing and snowshoeing. We stock a carefully curated range of brands whose philosophies align with our own. However, our end goal is bigger than selling outdoor gear. We work to encourage families and individuals, younger people and older people and those from near and far to experience the outdoors, especially in our own local region. We are passionate about sharing the beauty of the Snowy Valleys and stories of the interesting, talented and wondrous people of the outdoors.
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is a highly motivated outdoor enthusiast who loves embracing the outdoors and sharing their knowledge to inspire our customers to get outside.
- Thrives in a customer service environment and can determine the specific needs of each customer.
- Has previous experience in the outdoor retail industry.
- Has an understanding of computers and software as we run a fully digitalised store. An understanding of excel would be an advantage.
- Is able to work in a team environment with strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Shows attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Is able to problem solve and resolve any issues that may arise effectively and efficiently.
- Desires career progression as this position has the possibility to progress to Retail Operations Manager.
Responsibilities for this position include…
- Handling retail sales and customer enquires.
- Answering customer emails and phone calls.
- Restock on a daily basis and keeping the store organised and tidy.
- Merchandising within the store.
- Keeping up to date with current and new products within our range.
- Customer warranties and exchanges.
- 38hr rostered week. We are closed Sundays and Public Holidays.
We believe our staff are a valuable part of our operation and this is reflected in the wage we offer. You will also have access to the highest quality outdoor gear at a discounted price.
If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com with a resume and few sentences to introduce yourself.