The Best Boots ever Built.
Patagonia set out to create the best wading boot out there and with the help of Danner they did it. After collaborating with their extensive network of ambassadors, anglers and professional guides, Patagonia defined the best that a boot could be, then created it.
These boots are constructed of flexible, waterproof, full-grain leather which provides foot-conforming comfort, support and protection. Stitch-down construction creates a wide, stable base and the adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle when wading on uneven surfaces and helps lock the heel in place. The sticky rubber Vibram Idrogrip, which compresses into the natural nooks and crannies of submerged rock for serious grip.
Danner in the USA has been making exemplary boots for years. They provide boots to the armed services, search and rescue and have made hunting and hiking boots since 1932. Because of this collaborative effort with Danner, Patagonia can offer re-soling of these boots extending their already impressive lifespan.
- Durable, waterproof, full-grain leather with a PFC-free tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in saltwater; leather can be reconditioned.
- Tough 1,000-denier nylon panelling provides excellent abrasion resistance.
- The lacing system has eyelets across forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; top single hook for easy on/off; hardware is nylon coated for corrosion resistance.
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper-design is free from unnecessary foams and backers.
- Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner.
- The moulded bi-fit board combines the shank, lasting board and midsole into a single piece that reduces weight without sacrificing comfort and support.
- Vibram Idrogrip sole developed for maximum grip on wet surfaces and all-around traction for long approaches and mixed streambed footing; sole accepts studs.
- Claimed weight: 1950 g.
- Upper: full-grain leather with 1000-denier 100% nylon panelling.
- Lining: 67% polyester/33% nylon.
- Top midsole: 8IR rubber.
- Lower midsole: polyether polyurethane.
- Outsole: Vibram Idrogrip.