Patagonia River Salt Wading Boots
Lighter weight for wet wading, Patagonia's River Salt boots offer excellent performance and durability in both fresh and saltwater.
The Patagonia River-Salt Wading boots are the last pair of boots you'll ever need, rebuildable by Danner, should you wear through the sole you can simply have it replaced. They have been bespoke designed and handcrafted in conjunction with Danner Boots in Portland Oregon to the highest possible level of craftsmanship.
We had the privilege of breaking in a prototype pair across Australia and the globe for the past year before their official release. Our 'fly-bum' in-residence Mickey tramped these across the entire Snowy Mountains for full guide season and then took them on the road. These boots have dragged a drift boat across innumerable gravel bars and rock ledges hiked into back-country streams and covered kilometres and kilometres of dirt tracks, coral, sand and mud on trails and flats from here to Christmas Island and back again. And now they're ready for another season, or ten.
Any piece of gear that can stand up to that kind of treatment (and notorious guide mistreatment) and come out on top is quality through and through. These boots are extremely versatile and can be fitted with studs for increased traction, worn wet wading or in conjunction with waders.
Simply put these are the most thought out, well crafted and durable boots on the market.
- Durable, waterproof full-grain leather; treated to be especially Saltwater resistant.
- Abrasion-resistant 1000 denier nylon panelling.
- The lacing system has eyelets across forefoot and speed lacing through the ankles.
- Perforated drainage on either side of the arch, clears water quickly for fast drying times.
- Stitch down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, help protects the boots sidewall and can be resoled for maximum longevity.
- Moulded bi-fit board combines the shank, lasting board and midsole into a single piece, reducing weight without compromising on comfort.
- Vibram Megagrip Sole, traction on wet or dry surfaces while maintaining a higher level of durability.
- Can accept studs for added traction.
- Claimed weight: 1593g.
- Upper: full-grain leather with 1,000-denier 100% nylon paneling.
- Lining: 67% polyester/33% nylon.
- Top midsole: polyether polyurethane.
- Outsole: Vibram Megagrip.