Silva Expedition MS Compass
A high-end compass with high-end features.
The SILVA Expedition features easy-handling Dryflex housing, silicon rubber feet for precision map work, detachable safety-release lanyard, night-enabling luminous markings, magnifying lens, a clinometer for measuring slope angle, map-measuring scales in mm or inches, 1:25,000, 1:50,000 and GPS scales, plus built-in adjusters for magnetic declination (including permanent local adjustment). The Expedition can also map-measure 1:40,000.
The slope card is great both for detecting avalanche risk and for determining how challenging your journey will be. By knowing the slope you can also judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the slope. The scale lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which facilitates to measure the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place it directly on to your route on the map. The new graphics contain a more distinct arrow and a more contemporary font.
If you are in need of a traditional baseplate compass with high-end features, the Expedition should be your choice. If the terrain demands for a mirror sighting compass Expedition S is your optimal companion.
- Slopecard and lanyard scale
- Easy handling Dryflex housing
- Silicone rubber feet for precision map work
- Detachable safety release harness
- Night-enabling luminous markings
- Magnifying lens
- Clinometer for measuring slope angle
- Map measuring scales in millimetres or inches
- 1:25,000, 1:50,000 and GPS scales
- Built=in adjusters for magnetic declination