Silva Field MS Compass
The popular entry level SILVA Field compass has gone through a face-lift with updated colours and updated graphics.
SILVA Field is an entry level compass designed to meet the demands of schools, youth groups and leisure outdoor navigators. The SILVA Field has base plate map-measuring in mm and scales of 1:50,000 and 1:25,000 compatible with most maps. The compass features DryFlex rubber bezel for improved comfort and grip, and a detachable safety-release lanyard-a reliable companion in all situations!
- Soft, easy-grip.
- Map measuring scales in millimetres, 1:50.000 and 1:25.000.
- Sapphire jewel bearing for friction free movement of the compass needle.
- Durable hot-stamping of scales/graduations.
- Rounded base plate.
- Patented red/black orienting lines inside the compass housing.
- Declination scale inside the capsule.
- Calibrated for Australia/NZ.
IN 1933, A MERE 14 YEARS AFTER MODERN ORIENTEERING became a competitive sport, three entrepreneurial Swedish orienteering champions invented the liquid-filled compass. Their solution was more precise and easier to use than other compasses at the time. The SILVA brand was born. Early on, the scene was set for innovation in diverse outdoor sport areas with the launch of the first Silva headlamp in 1935. A lot has changed since then, but Silva compasses remain the preferred choice for orienteers and outdoor enthusiasts around the world.