The go-to line around the world has had an update in 2020.
The Rio Premier Gold Fly Line has a long head and back taper that gives the caster total line control and stability at range. The unique profile is designed to load a fly rod at close range and has a front taper that delivers perfect presentation of flies between sizes #22 and #2.
Rio has now used SlickCast Technology to enhances the line's performance, by creating the slickest most durable fly lines on the market. Lines tested with SlickCast technology have the least amount of friction ever measured on a Rio fly line. The Rio Premier Gols now features MaxFloat technology, which is a coating that floats more than twice as high as regular lines without any increase in diameter, making it the ultimate all-round, floating line for any trout fly fisher.
- Dualtone: Marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious colour change in the line at the sweet spot.
- EasyID: Rio's printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front Welded Loop: A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging to a leader.
- Back Welded Loop: A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.
- Long Head for ultimate casting control.
- Taper design to cast flies between #2 and #22.
- Front biased weight to load rods at close range.
- Built with Rio's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast.