A long day on the water will encourage you to appreciate the little things - the cool breeze, the spectacular scenery... the Rio Gallegos Waders.
In the wilderness, we tend to focus on the subtle details - a way of thinking that Patagonia have embraced, to ensure that their products are simplistic, yet rich in technical features. The updated Rio Gallegos Waders now include a slimmer upper body fit that still layers easily, new interior daisy chains for tools as well as drop in pockets for easy organisation. In addition, they include integrated, anatomically fitting booties with a poly-grid lining and gravel guards in a flat-panel construction that helps reduce wear.
The Rio Gallegos Waders are still built from Patagonia's innovative 4-layer H2No Performance Standard fabric that utilises a Single Seam Construction to route critical seams away from areas of high wear, except now Patagonia have streamlined the entire feature set for a whole new level of comfort, performance and durability.
Two inches of fabric have been removed from the hip, waist and chest for a better fit that easily accepts layers for longer, colder sessions. The crotch has been re-patterned so that if need be, you can swing a leg over gunwales and additional articulation has been added to the legs for those moments that bring you to your knees - like keeping a fish wet during the photograph & release.
The new and improved booties have a more anatomical fit, flat panel gravel guards and they are built from a 4mm neoprene with a poly-grid lining for greater comfort. The unique internal suspension system allows the waders to be easily converted to waist height without having to remove your jacket. On the outside, there is a reach-through hand-warmer pocket and large chest pocket with a water-resistant horizontal zip for easy access to tippet spools, nippers and floatant. The interior storage includes a waterproof, flip-out welded TPU pocket, two new drop-in stretch pockets and two internal daisy chains for tools.
Fishing friendly features include - centre-back hanger loop, stretch wading belt with low profile buckle, removable knee pads and the Fitz Roy Trout logo.
- The H2No Performance Standard polyester micro fibre shell includes a proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and C6 DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric that has no multiple layers or added weight.
- Waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders that allow easy conversion from chest to waist height for venting or quick relief without having to remove your jacket.
- Full elastic belt.
- Innovative single seam construction - completely eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs.
- Interior organisation includes - welded TPU-waterproof zippered pocket that flips out for easy access, two drop-in stretch pockets and two internal daisy chains for tools, as well as a centre-back hanger loop for easy drying.
- Exterior organisation includes - reach-through hand warmer pocket, a large chest pocket with horizontal water-resistant zipper, a laser-cut Hypalon utility keeper on the suspenders that allows easy access to tools.
- Articulated legs and removable foam knee pads.
- The booties have an anatomical fit with a lower volume, for a more sock-like fit and are poly-grid lined for added comfort. The resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability.
- 1219 g (43 oz).
- Made in Vietnam.
- Available in Short, Regular, Long and King