Patagonia's most advanced base layer.
The Capilene Air Bottoms can handle anything you throw at them; from ice climbing and mountaineering to a family ski trip to Selwyn. This base layer insulates even when wet, dries quickly, and resists odours for day after day use. Made from an airy blend of 51% merino wool from New Zealand 49% Capilene recycled polyester, Capilene Air feels light and soft on the skin and stretches naturally to move with the body in motion.
Patagonia creates the soft 18.5-micron gauge yarns used in Capilene Air with an innovative air-blasting technology that dramatically increases the yarn’s loft while reducing weight compared to traditional wool yarn. Their seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points throughout the entire garment and nearly eliminates wasted material.
The bottoms have a brushed, elastic waistband for next-to-skin softness, a double-layered crotch for support and a gender-specific box-stitch texture to trap warmth and allow airflow.
- Fine merino wool from New Zealand blended with Capilene recycled polyester for enhanced warmth balanced with improved wicking, durability and dry time.
- 18.5-micron-gauge yarn; lofted wool innovation
- Fabric is soft against the skin and stretches to move with the body.
- Seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points through the entire garment and has almost no wasted material.
- Elastic waistband is brushed for next-to-skin softness.
- Double layer on front crotch for additional support
- 167g (5.9oz)
- Material: 5.6-oz 51% merino wool/49% recycled polyester seamless box-stitch knit comprised of 18.5-micron-gauge lofted wool.