Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Junction (55L)
A hyper-versatile, hyper-lite, multi-day pack for weekend stints or lengthy thru-hikes.
The 3400 Junction (55L) hiking pack from Hyperlite Mountain Gear is arguably their most iconic pack, and for good reason. This incredibly lightweight pack weighs in at just 0.9kg, less than half the weight of a typical 55L backpack (2.2kg). Constructed using a highly durable, water-resistant Dyneema fabric, the 3400 Junction is designed to withstand seasonal changes and harsh Australian environments.
The 3400 is a flexible option for those looking for a single pack for all their hiking needs. When extra volume is not required, the 3400 Junction rolls down to roughly 40L making it a great option for shorter, in and out trips. The wide top opening offers quick, uninterrupted entry to the internal compartment so you can say goodbye to fiddly zippers and pockets and get what you need hassle-free.
Hyperlite has also incorporated a generous external mesh pocket for easy access to your gear whether it be an outer layer, food or water filter. This rugged mesh compartment adds an extra 9.8L of external volume which comes in handy on long, self-supported hikes. Personalise your pack system with Hyperlite's range of accessories.
Whether you're hiking the Australian Alps Walking Track, Larapinta Trail or Great North Walk, or just escaping to the mountains for a quick overnighter, the Hyperlite 3400 Junction is a one-of-a-kind backpack for any outdoor adventurer.
- Incredibly lightweight and durable design
- A comfortable hip belt and shoulder strap carrying system which can be easily adjusted on the go
- Generous, water-resistant hip belt pockets for your phone, snacks and more.
- Large water-bottle pockets on either side of the pack easily fit 1.5L bottles
- Convenient, easy access external mesh pocket
- Internal mesh sleeve for hydration reservoir compatibility 20cm x 35cm
- Multiple carabiner clip points for excess gear
- Available in various back length sizes ensuring a perfectly snug fit
- Ice axe loop & grab loop
- Top Y-Strap compression - designed to secure gear
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Stays - 2 removable, contoured aluminium stays
- Pack accessory options - Shoulder Pocket, Versa, REpack, Stuff Sacks & Pods
- Water-resistance - Yes
- Hardline with Dyneema zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Top Closure: Roll-Top closure system
- Back: integrated 1/4" foam back panel pad
- Side straps for horizontal compression
- Seam sealing - Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Daisy chains on shoulder straps
- Compatible with Pods, Drawstring or Roll-Top Stuff Sacks, Stuff Sack Pillow
- Materials (White) - DCH50 (Main Body) & DCH150 (Bottom)
- Materials (Black) - DCH150 (Main Body & Bottom)
- Internal volume - 55L
- External volume - 9.8L
- Claimed weight (white pack) - 907g
- Claimed weight (black pack) - 975g
- Load capacity - 18.1kg
- Back width - 26.7cm
- Height (fully unrolled) - 86.4cm
- Top circumference - 101.6cm
- Bottom circumference - 85.1cm