We're looking for an outdoor enthusiast with a creative mindset, stories to tell and the ability to create engaging and meaningful content through videography and photography.
It's a full-time position based in Tumut, nestled in the Snowy Valleys and just down the road from Kosciuszko National Park.
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is an outdoor enthusiast and is willing to spend days in the mountains hiking/snowshoeing/biking/camping/paddling while filming and photographing.
- Has the ability to design and develop creative videos by collecting, reorganising and cutting source video materials.
- A multi-skilled person who can alternate between filming and photography to generate a mix of content for social media, website, short films, product videos etc.
- Can lead projects with limited supervision as well as work collaboratively as part of a creative team.
- Composes and frames each shot, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses, film, filters, and camera settings to achieve desired effects.
- Can identify and experiment with new trending formats and content styles.
Experience with the following programs/equipment is ideal:
- Professional Video Camera Equipment (ideally 4K 10bit 4.2.2, anything similar to a Sony a7siii / Canon R5 / S1 / GH5 etc.)
- Professional Lav Mic Setup
- Tripods and other stabilisers (gimbals)
- 4k drone Mavic2 Pro or similar
- Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe Lightroom
More about the role:
- Design and develop creative media that inspire time outdoors, reinforce our brand values and showcase the stories of the landscape and people of our community. Including short films, product videos, Instagram reels etc.
- Grow image library of inspiring outdoor photography across a range of activities to be used for social media, digital advertising, across our website, emails etc.
- This is a full-time position but the ability to be flexible for after-hours/overnight shoots is required.
Why work for us?
- You'll get to go on adventurous trips through the mountains including, but not limited to, snowshoeing or skiing around Jagungal Wilderness, multi-day hikes through Kosciuszko National Park, fly fishing trips.
- The opportunity to develop short films and campaigns fulfilling a personal interest.
- More than just filming product videos, the opportunity to develop meaningful, engaging and inspiring content.
- Tom’s Outdoors is growing rapidly with the opportunity for career development and succession.
- Access to the highest quality outdoor gear at a discounted price.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 7th February 2022