This is a relatively small expedition tent, perfect for one person, but also enough space for two on trips where weight is important. The tent has three alternative entrances, which ensures that one always is sheltered from the wind. The front can also be opened fully for an open shelter in calmer weather.
The Himalaya is optimal for winter or alpine use; every single detail is developed to ensure they work as easily and functionally as possible. It has durable, reinforced details that manage the most extreme conditions. The storm flaps with integrated peg loops are in one piece around the tent. This reduces the pitching time, especially during windy conditions. The peg loops are wide and not too long, perfect for pitching the tent with skis or poles. Ventilation is an important element on all tents.
The Himalaya has one angled vent on both sides that are slanted and placed high enough, so they do not pack up with snow, even during windy conditions. The flysheet has a tear strength of 20 kg, making it one of the most durable tents in the market today. In addition, there are two-centred vents placed high in the front and rear. Together these four vents create a safe and flexible venting system.
- The Himalaya has three entrances, a mesh gear loft and storm flaps - making it perfect for winter use.
- The pole channels and pole cups are dimensioned for both one and two poles.
- The Helsport AirFlow II® ventilation system ensures more fresh air, better quality sleep and increased air circulation, which reduces condensation; the vents can also be closed completely if you desire.
- The patented pole cups and colour coded poles/pole channels make the tent fast and easy to pitch.
- A unique internal pole channel system provides sensational wind stability and less vibration/noise in windy conditions.
- The extra strong guy lines and reinforced guy points offer additional stability; there are several double guy points and combined guy lines which reduces the number of pegs needed, and makes it easier to pitch the tent. If you want to get an even distribution of force on the guy points, then connect the guy lines through the rings.
- The guy line points have integrated elastic webbing to collect and prevent the guy lines from getting entangled.
- 18 x 50cm.Tent weight
- 3.22 kg.Peg weight
- 0.46 kg.Pole length
- 2 x 370cm + 1 x 265cm.The outer tent fabric is
40D Helsport Superlight®
1000, 3000mm.The inner tent fabric is
30D Polyester Ripstop WR.The floor fabric is
70D Polyamide SI, 5000mm.The poles are built from
DAC Featherlight NSLTM (48 cm sections).Includes a repair kit
(+0,15 kg) containing: fabric, needle, thread, repair sleeve and extra pole segment.